Prenatal DHA (60 gelcaps) by Thorne
Two essential omega-3 fatty acids – DHA and EPA – to support a healthy pregnancy and development of baby’s brain and nervous system. 60 gelcaps.
**NOTE: If you would like to add an ice pack to your order, CLICK HERE.
Support mom and baby during pregnancy and through nursing with omega-3’s.
Two essential omega-3 fatty acids – DHA and EPA – to support a healthy pregnancy and development of baby’s brain and nervous system*
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||650mg|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||200mg|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (EPA/DHA)||960mg|
|Other Ingredients: Antioxidant Blend (Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) and Rosemary Extract), Gelatin (Bovine), Glycerin (Vegetable Source), Mint Flavor, Purified Water Gelcap|
DHA is an omega-3 fatty acid that is essential for the development of a healthy brain, as well as nerves and eyes.* DHA is especially important for healthy fetal and infant development, accumulating in a baby’s developing brain primarily during the third trimester of pregnancy through the first two years of life.* DHA supports a healthy pregnancy as well.* Although the body can make some DHA, its conversion rate is low, so most DHA needs to be consumed in the diet. The primary dietary sources of DHA – fatty, cold-water fish – aren’t heavily consumed in a western diet, so an omega-3 nutritional supplement can help a mother reach an optimal DHA level.
Benefits of Thorne’s Prenatal DHA:
- Provides nutritional support for a healthy pregnancy*
- Supports memory and mood – before, during, and after pregnancy*
- Promotes normal fetal brain and nervous system development*
- Supports metabolism by helping to maintain a healthy insulin response*
- Promotes DHA levels in breast milk to support baby’s growth and development*
- Supports immune function*
- Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory response*
- Promotes healthy heart function*
Features of Thorne’s Prenatal DHA:
- Provides 650 mg of DHA and 200 mg of EPA per serving
- Rosemary, mint, and mixed tocopherols help reduce fish burps and are gentle on the stomach for mothers who experience pregnancy-related nausea*
- The easy-to-take gelcaps are smaller than most omega-3 supplements
- Tested for more than 250 environmental contaminants, including heavy metals, pesticides, dioxins, and PCBs
DHA by the numbers:
- Approximately 60 percent of a healthy brain is comprised of fat.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the brain.
- DHA accounts for more than 90 percent of the fatty acids in the retina.
- Two lobes of the brain – frontal and prefrontal – rely heavily on DHA and are responsible for the ability to learn, problem solve, focus attention, and maintaining a positive mood.*
- Average daily U.S. adult intake of DHA and EPA is only 90 mg; and only 40 mg in children and teenagers.
- Most researchers recommend a minimum of 500 mg DHA + EPA daily.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
The omega-3 fatty acids in Prenatal DHA are derived from fish and/or shellfish.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or disease. The content and recommendations contained on this website have not been reviewed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are solely the opinion of the authors. Content contained on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never increase, reduce or discontinue any medication or treatment without first consulting your doctor.*
***WARNING: (for California residents only) Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65warnings.ca.gov/food***
Prenatal DHA (60 gelcaps) by Thorne