FemOne (90 caps) by Metabolic Maintenance
Developed by Dr. Leslie Stone, FemOne™ is designed specifically for women who may require more iron and essential nutrients during childbearing years. With only one capsule per day, FemOne™ delivers key nutrients at optimal levels to support reproductive and immune health. Unlike most daily multivitamin/mineral formulas, FemOne™ provides activated B vitamins such as 1,000 mcg of L-methylfolate and 800 mcg of methylcobalamin, trace minerals, and foundational amounts of antioxidants. It also contains mixed carotenoids, tocopherols, and iodine to support thyroid and breast health. *
- Provides iron in its most bioavailable form for women during childbearing years*
- Provides balanced levels of activated B vitamins to support healthy methylation*
- Provides significant levels of vitamin D and zinc for immune and reproductive health*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
What is FemOne? It is a high-potency, one-per-day multivitamin/mineral capsule designed specifically for the needs of women during their childbearing years. As a base for your nutritional support regimen, it can also be combined with any Metabolic Maintenance calcium and magnesium formula to fit your individual needs. Depending on individual requirements, additional antioxidants, amino acids, CoQ10, probiotics, and/or Omega 3s can also be added to the supplement regimen. How Does FemOne Work? FemOne™ provides essential vitamins and trace minerals to support general good health, including reproductive and immune health. Iron is a component of blood hemoglobin, critical for oxygen transport, and myoglobin, the oxygen carrier in muscles. Inorganic iron supplements such as iron sulfate are poorly absorbed and can cause gastric distress. FemOne contains Ferrochel® chelated iron bis-glycinate (Albion Minerals) for superior absorption, tolerance, and safety. Folate has long been recognized as important for reproductive health. About half of the population has inherited genetic variations that slow or prevent the enzymatic conversion of folic acid (the form of folate found in most daily multivitamin/mineral formulas) to the form the body uses, L-methylfolate. FemOne contains Quatrefolic, the most bioavailable form of L-methylfolate. L-methylfolate is critical in almost every single cell for methylation reactions, including DNA synthesis, cell division, amino acid metabolism, and neurotransmitter synthesis. Although vitamin D can be made by the skin with exposure to sunlight, use of sunblock, indoor lifestyles, and living at northern latitudes result in the majority of the population having low serum vitamin D levels. Recent research indicates that low serum vitamin D is linked to many autoimmune and neurodegenerative disorders and a higher level of supplementation is recommended. FemOne also contains a highly bioavailable, methylated form of vitamin B-12 (methylcobalamin), phosphorylated forms of riboflavin and B-6, chelated trace minerals, natural mixed carotenoids, and natural vitamin E. What is the Suggested Use for FemOne? FemOne is suggested for women, post menarche and pre-menopause, as a once-daily capsule to support general health systems. Together, the nutrients in FemOne support:
- Cellular health: Antioxidants Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and selenium reduce oxidative stress by scavenging free radicals that can cause cellular damage.
- Bone health: Vitamin D helps maintain calcium homeostasis, allowing calcium to be transported from the bloodstream into bones. Zinc, copper, and manganese also support bone mineralization.
- Immune system function: Vitamin A and Vitamin D are immunomodulators. Zinc is required for T-lymphocyte activity.
- Energy production: The B vitamins thiamine, riboflavin, niacinamide, B-6, biotin, and pantothenic acid are cofactors for enzymes needed for cellular energy production through the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats.
- Nerve health: Thiamine, folate, and B-12 are involved in neural development and neurotransmitter synthesis.
- Cardiovascular health: Methylfolate and B-6 are required for homocysteine metabolism. Thiamin is necessary for the synthesis of D-ribose. High serum vitamin E levels have been associated with cardiovascular health.
- Thyroid health: Iodine is a precursor in the formation of thyroid hormones.
- Prenatal health: Mothers’ folate status (even before pregnancy) is directly correlated with the risk of neural tube defects and spina bifida in neonates.
Source Materials: Thiamine mononitrate, niacinamide, pyridoxine HCl, pyridoxal 5 phosphate, L-methylfolate, biotin, and pantothenic acid: synthetic. Natural mixed carotenoids: carrot and marigold extracts. Ascorbic acid: corn sorbitol. Vitamin D3: lanolin from sheep’s wool. Vitamin E succinate and mixed tocopherols: purified soy oil. Riboflavin 5 phosphate and methylcobalamin: dextrose fermentation. Minerals are mined. Chelating agents include: glycine (synthetic), citric acid (corn fermentation), methionine (synthetic), glucuronic acid (synthetic). L-leucine is derived by sugar fermentation. Cellulose for capsules is derived from softwood tree pulp. There is no detectable GM material present. Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts. Recommendations: One (1) capsule daily with a meal, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Precautions: Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement. Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under 6. Keep this product out of the reach of children. In case of an accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or disease. The content and recommendations contained on this website have not been reviewed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are solely the opinion of the authors. Content contained on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never increase, reduce or discontinue any medication or treatment without first consulting your doctor.*
FemOne (90 caps) by Metabolic Maintenance