DIM Complex (60 caps) by Metabolic Maintenance
Diindolylmethane, also known as DIM, is a gastric metabolite of indole compounds found in cruciferous vegetables. DIM promotes healthy estrogen metabolism by helping to breakdown estrogens in the body, shifting the estrogen balance towards the formation of beneficial metabolites and away from harmful ones. This unique formula contains therapeutic dosages of Diindolylmethane (DIM) and its cofactors—a full array of nutrients that work synergistically to support normal estrogen ratios.*
- Nourishes methylation processes for healthy metabolism of estrogen*
- Protects estrogen and its metabolites from oxidative stress*
- Provides nutrients to support the excretion of estrogen metabolites*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
What is DIM Complex? Diindolylmethane (or DIM) is both an antioxidant and phytonutrient. It is a natural substance generated when acids n the stomach break down indole-3-carbinol (I3C), a compound found in cruciferous vegetables such as kale, broccoli, cabbage, and brussels sprouts. In order to get the recommended daily amount of DIM however, one would have to eat more than two pounds of these vegetables a day. This is why supplementation is so beneficial. How Does DIM Complex Work? DIM supports breast, prostate, and cervical health. Levels of total estrogen in the body are less important than the forms in which the hormone is present. By increasing the levels of beneficial estrogen metabolites (2-hydroxyesterone; 2-OH), while reducing harmful forms (16-alpha-hydroxyesterone; 16a-OH and 4-hydroxyesterone; 4-OH), DIM aids in shifting the estrogen balance to 2-OH and protects against the effects of estrogen dominance. DIM Complex also contains cofactors that work synergistically to support and maintain those normal estrogen ratios. Vitamin E, Vitamin C, NAC, and lemon bioflavonoids are powerful antioxidants that reduce the oxidation of estrogen metabolites into reactive quinones. The B vitamins, methylfolate (B-9), methylcobalamin (B-12), and B-6, are all important for estrogen detoxification through methylation. Calcium-D-Glucarate aids in detoxification, binding with estrogen to facilitate its elimination from the body. What is the Suggested Use for DIM Complex?
- Hormonal Balance. Maintaining normal, healthy estrogen ratios.
- Inflammation. DIM supplementation may aid in the reduction of chronic inflammation in the body, especially as it ages. Inflammation can also worsen hormonally-related conditions such as menstrual cramps or hot flashes.
- Hormonal Detoxification. The anti-inflammatory estrogen metabolites produced by DIM may support the body’s return to hormonal balance after exposure to “xenoestrogens” or toxic estrogen mimics found in environmental pollutants and pesticides.
- Low Testosterone. Aging men will find that as testosterone levels naturally decrease, the ratio of estrogen and its corresponding symptoms increase in response. DIM may help to balance these levels by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone to estradiol.
- Cardiovascular and Cognitive Health. Not only is DIM an intrinsic antioxidant, but the estrogen metabolites produced by its action also exhibit antioxidant effects protecting the heart and brain from free-radical damage.
Source Materials: DIM, Pyridoxine HCl, L-5-Methylfolate, glucosamine salt (Quatrefolic®), NAC, and calcium-d-glucarate are made by chemical synthesis. Methylcobalamin is a product of fermentation. Ascorbic acid is derived from corn sorbitol. Vitamin E is derived from purified soy oil (PCR negative). Leucine is derived by sugar fermentation. Cellulose for capsules is derived from softwood tree pulp. All ingredients are vegan. Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts. Refined soy oil is not considered an allergen. Recommendations: One to two (1-2) capsules daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Precautions: DIM Complex is usually well tolerated. Side-effects may include gastrointestinal upset and headaches. Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or disease. The content and recommendations contained on this website have not been reviewed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are solely the opinion of the authors. Content contained on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never increase, reduce or discontinue any medication or treatment without first consulting your doctor.*
DIM Complex (60 caps) by Metabolic Maintenance