BAM Energy Sticks Strawberry (30 servings) by Metabolic Maintenance
These convenient sticks are formulated to support energy in people who want to get the most out of their day. Free form essential amino acids are readily absorbed by the body making them quickly available to support energy, be incorporated into muscle protein, and enhance detoxification. Chromium niacinate and vitamin B-6 (in the form of pyridoxal 5’ phosphate) are included for optimal utilization. The amino acids are in powder form, enhanced with strawberry whole fruit powder. These portable, single-serving packages make it convenient to supplement with BAM on-the-go so you can maximize your workout, excel through the afternoon, or boost your energy any time of day.
- Portable for on-the-go*
- Enhances energy production*
- Promotes muscle building and protein synthesis*
- Natural flavor from whole fruit strawberry
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Product Description: What is BAM®? BAM® Balanced Amino Maintenance is a free-form, readily absorbable amino acid formula that contains the essential amino acids – histidine, leucine, phenylalanine, lysine, valine, isoleucine, methionine, and threonine, as well as the conditionally essential amino acids arginine and glutamine, and non-essential, but highly beneficial alanine. Chromium niacinate and activated vitamin B-6 (P5P) have been added to enhance amino acid metabolism. How does BAM® Work? Amino acids (AAs) are the building blocks of life. We know that protein is a crucial part of the human diet because our bodies break it down into the individual AAs and rebuild them into whatever proteins need to be made (i.e. hormones, new cells, neurotransmitters, etc.). Unfortunately, the type of amino acids in our dietary proteins are not always named or made clear, and amino acids do compete for absorption in the gut. If our bodies do not have the correct type or abundance of certain AA building blocks, the needed proteins cannot be made, at the expense of the individual’s health. There are 20 amino acids, 9 of which are classified as “essential” or “EAAs,” as they cannot be synthesized by the body so must be ingested as part of the diet. The nine EAAs have unique, individual roles aside from working together as building blocks for proteins:
- Histidine is a precursor for histamine, a critical neurotransmitter for immune response, digestion, sexual function, and sleep-wake cycles. It is also responsible for maintaining the myelin sheath that surrounds nerve cells.
- Isoleucine is involved in muscle metabolism and is heavily concentrated in muscle tissue. It also plays crucial roles in the immune system, healthy production of red blood cells, and energy regulation.
- Lysine plays a major role in protein synthesis, hormone and enzyme production and the absorption of calcium. It is also important for energy production, immune function and supports the aging and healing processes through the production of collagen and elastin.
- Leucine is critical for protein synthesis and muscle repair. It helps in the regulation of blood sugar, stimulates wound healing, and contributes to the production of growth hormones.
- Phenylalanine is a precursor for tyrosine, dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine, which are all neurotransmitters necessary for focus and clarity.
- Methionine plays an important role in metabolism and detoxification. It is requisite for tissue growth as well as for the absorption of zinc and selenium.
- Threonine makes up a significant portion of structural proteins such as collagen and elastin, which are important components of the skin and connective tissue, again supporting healing and gentle aging. It also plays a role in fat metabolism and immune function.
- Valine helps to stimulate muscle growth and regeneration and is also involved in energy production.
Glutamine and Arginine are classified as “conditionally essential”. Even though the body can synthesize these AAs, certain stress situations (i.e. disease, rigorous exercise, surgery, etc.) can halt or slow production severely.
- Arginine is essential in children but can be synthesized in adults through the urea cycle and is necessary for healthy detoxification. It aids in the relaxation of blood vessels, and so may aid in cardiovascular health when adequately abundant in the body. In addition, arginine supplementation has been shown to provide immune support.
- Glutamine makes up the majority of skeletal muscle and is also critical for proper gut function and digestion.
- Alanine is not an essential AA but is one of the most in-demand AAs, as it plays roles in immunity, providing energy to muscle tissue, and supports the brain and central nervous system.
Leucine, isoleucine, and valine are known as Branched-chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). They have a specialized shape that allows them to be used in ways that other AAs cannot. When BCAA levels in the body are low, more tryptophan is metabolized, a process commonly associated with feelings of mental and physical fatigue. This is great for bedtime, but if you are looking for exercise endurance and mental focus for a workout, consuming BCAAs can help ward off the tryptophan overload. Amino acid supplements can support short term memory and processing abilities, while also protecting your muscle fibers from suffering too much damage. Leucine, in particular, has been shown to regulate and improve muscle protein synthesis after exercise. As EAAs are the limiting factor in the synthesis of new proteins, the balance between synthesis and degradation of human muscle is dependent on EAA availability. Although popular among athletes, AA supplements are not just for those in training. Loss of muscle mass and impaired immune function can be a product of protein undernourishment; a risk that is especially high for individuals consuming vegetarian or vegan diets. Prolonged bed rest due to disease or injury can also lead to loss of muscle mass. In these cases, regular EAA intake can be effective in preventing or even reversing muscular catabolism and restoring immune function by providing the body with missing building blocks. AA supplementation may also support healthy weight management by promoting the use of stored fat for energy while building and maintaining skeletal muscle. Pyridoxal 5’ Phosphate is the metabolically active form of Vitamin B-6. It is a cofactor for reactions involving amino acid metabolism, including neurotransmitter synthesis, transamination, and the catabolism of methionine. What are the Suggested Uses for BAM®?
- Support for mood and brain function – several AAs are necessary precursors for neurotransmitter synthesis. *
- Enhanced energy production and detoxification*
- Promote muscle building and protein synthesis – AA availability increases the body’s ability to make new proteins without breaking down existing ones. *
Source Materials: All amino acids in BAM® are made by fermentation of corn or cane sugar except L-methionine which is synthetic. Pyridoxal 5’ phosphate is synthetic. Chromium is a mined mineral and niacin is synthetic. Cellulose for capsules is derived from softwood tree pulp. All ingredients are vegan and non-GMO. Allergens: According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts. Recommendations: Use as directed by a healthcare professional. Precautions: Phenylketonurics – contains Phenylalanine. Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any illness or disease. The content and recommendations contained on this website have not been reviewed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are solely the opinion of the authors. Content contained on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never increase, reduce or discontinue any medication or treatment without first consulting your doctor.*
BAM Energy Sticks Strawberry (30 servings) by Metabolic Maintenance